Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Time to Shop!

We've crossed the first trimester hurdle, and I feel like it's safe to do some shopping now. Yay! Pete and I went out and bought a crib yesterday. We're trying to pace ourselves as far as what we buy and when so we don't feel the pinch of outfitting an entire new room all at once. I originally picked out a crib that had the swoosh thing in the back instead of the sides, but the one I liked got yucky reviews about the paint peeling really easily. I had an image of going in to find my baby chewing on the edge of the crib with a mouthful of paint chips. Yech! So, I chose the crib with better reviews, but has the swooshes on the ends instead.

When Laura was here she painted the room tan for me. It'll match pretty much anything I pick out as far as decor. I'm going to be scheduling my 4-D ultrasound in the next couple of weeks here so we can find out the sex of the baby. I want a girl...Pete wants a boy. We're both fine with whatever, of course, but Pete is a guy's guy, and I think it's more fun to shop for a girl. And isn't good shopping what it's really all about, ladies? Ha ha!

After we pop for the ultrasound our next big purchase will be a new timing belt for the car. I won't be shopping for a hot minute. It sucks spending so much money on something you can't see, but is a necessity. At least I'll have peace of mind that the belt won't wear out and randomly break leaving me stranded who knows where pregnant or with an infant. It would be way more fun to spend the money on stuff, though. Stuff is awesome. Being a responsible adult is no fun!