Friday, September 5, 2008

Getting in shape...getting an ultrasound

Pete and I signed up for a membership at NM Sports and Wellness. I decided that I sit around WAY too much and am in the worst shape I've been in since my pre-Army days. I'm scared of getting tired and wearing out part-way through delivery when this kid decides to come out, so we went gym shopping. We toured everyone's favorite meat market, Defined Fitness ("Hey guy, what do you squat?"), and knew that Gold's Gym was the same. The guy at Defined Fitness didn't know what "pre-natal" meant. Meat-head. We decided to tour NMS&W at the urging of our good friend Caroline. It was awesome. There are tons of pre-natal classes, the hours are great, there were a gzillion of each machine, and there were normal looking people and lots of kids around. They also have a bunch of classes I can take the newborn baby to, and free daycare if I don't wanna. We weren't sure if we would be able to squeeze the membership fee into our budget, so we did a little tweaking. We go out to eat at least 3-4 times per week, so we decided to limit our eating out to one time per week. It'll probably be better for us if we eat at home, anyways. I think it'll be well worth the sacrifice and extra cooking.

Next weekend we have our first 4-D ultrasound scheduled. We should be able to tell if it's a girl or a boy (finally!) so check back on Saturday the 13th after 3 or 4pm and I'll have it posted here. I'll also post pictures and the video if I can figure it out. Laura hooked me up with the last one. I'm sure if I can't figure it out, Pete will. I'm pretty sure all the Ristig's are hoping for a boy, and all the Nicolai/Hutchins' are hoping for a girl (especially my mom). Pete always said if we didn't have a boy after three tries, he's going to bribe one of his nephews with college money to change their last name! He's pretty much drawing the line at three. Yeah....we'll see (*evil laugh, twisting of moustache*).

Here's a little something since I've been slacking in my random awesome videos.

0 comments: