Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's a Girl!


The whole time we were doing the ultrasound the baby decided that she'd jam her head up into her placenta and let her little butt hang free in the amniotic fluid. While that made for an unbelievably clear crotch-shot, it was hard to get a good, clear picture of her head and face. I tried getting her out of there with some strategic wiggling, but she's ornery like her mama. Here's the photographic evidence of her girliness...

I had them check once later on in the ultrasound too, just to make sure. It's definitely a girl.

The ultrasound consisted of both 2-D and 3-D shots. Laura is gone and I can't figure out the video, so maybe I'll put one up later if I can figure it out. If not, at least you have these lovely stills to enjoy!

Chilling out.

Snuggling with placenta.

Yanking on something.

A hand.

Putting up her dukes. Really, a face block if you ask me. She did not feel like doing a photo shoot today.

A lovely profile.

The baby was super skinny and creepy looking in the 3-D pictures. The ones I posted were the least creepy. She's only 17 weeks along, so she still looks like a little alien or Mr. Burns from the Simpson's. Poor kid! At least her mama is going to do her very best to get her adorable things to wear when she goes shopping in about two seconds. The stores are calling to me. They are beckoning....

2 comments:

Dick&Erica said...

Yay! You won! I love that picture of her relaxing, even thought she's in the creepy alien stage. It looks like her arms are back behind her head, like she's laying in a hammock or something. Girls are so fun.

Let the shopping BEGIN...

Anonymous said...

Oh, My God I"m so excited for you Laurie...You and Pete are way blessed. I now get to buy girly things in Europe to send you. I've already seen this porcelain doll that you hang from the wall. I think that might be my first purchase for this little one. I Can't Wait to meet her. I will send it to you as soon as I can. It's been full of travel so far. I'll talk to you soon. Your buddy Laura.