Sunday, October 18, 2009

Trip to New Jersey

Maya and I took a trip out to visit Melanie and the boys last weekend. Southwest airlines has a ridiculous 2-day sale, and I just couldn't pass up such a great deal!

Maya was unbelievably well behaved on the plane ride. I can't believe how lucky I am. I totally won the baby lottery with her! She was super smiley, and just grinned and giggled at everyone on the plane. She slept for a while, and would wake up again smiling. What a sweetie!

We got in to the airport in Philadelphia late, so Melanie picked us up alone. The next day, I woke up to Brandon standing by my bed peeking in at Maya and me! Melanie and the boys went to schol while Brian went to work, so I lounged about the house and then took Maya for a walk around the neighborhood. It's in northern NJ, and is in a pretty well forested area. All the houses were about a hundred years old, and it looked like something you see from a movie! Very pretty. While walking a cat came running over to us and starting loving all over my feet. He was so nice! Maya thought it was great!

Melanie's house


Down the block


The random kitty who we made friends with.


Saturday came, and we decided to go to the pumpkin patch. I wanted to see my old friend from the Army, Karen, so we agreed to meet at a pumpkin patch halfway between where Melanie and she live. On the way there, we saw a huge corn field with corn hanging off the stalks, so we stopped and I grabbed one. I know, I'm such a thief! Nathan and I had fun pulling out the hard kernels and making very attractive false teeth with them.




When we got to the pumpkin patch the place was packed. Karen brought her husband and two kids, and a couple neighbor kids tagged along too. Karen and I did some catching up while sitting in the grass with our babies, and everyone else did the corn maze. When they were all through the corn maze, we hopped on the hay ride out to the pumpkin field. All the kids had fun looking for their pumpkins. Maya just liked playing in the dirt and leaves.







The next day, Sunday, I looked out my window at Melanie's to see five deer munching away in Melanie's back yard. There were two little boys who were having a great time butting heads. It was really neat.


Later on, Melanie and I went out without the boys. First we went to Ikea because they had a baby high chair I had been coveting, and for whatever reason I can't get one shipped to me. We don't have Ikea in New Mexico, so I figured I'd get it while I was there. We saw a squirrel in the kitchen utensils department!

Random squirrel


Maya being silly with her Auntie "M"


Next, we headed in to NYC for a day at the museum. When Pete and I came to the city for our honeymoon, we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, but didn't really have time to see everything. The traffic getting in to the city was yucky, but we had fun looking at all the neat art and taking goofy pictures!



I'm so glad I traveled across the country so I could see some New Mexico art.


Pinch! :)


Maya liked trying to touch everything. Naughty!



Maya is is a ballerina in the making. Just look at that toe point!



Yeh gotta getcha self some mawble caaahlumns! Like dis one, or that one. Dis one, or that one.



After the museum, Melanie bought Maya an I heart NY t-shirt, and we stopped at got some pizza.


On my last day there, I wanted to go and see Independence Hall in Philadelphia. I figured my plane was leaving out of there, so I may as well check it out. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to go inside :( but I did get to see the Liberty Bell and stroll around outside of Independence Hall.







Before we left, I had to get a Philly cheese steak. I got one from a street vendor right next to the gift shop. It was really good.


0 comments: