Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Is there a Doctor in the house?

Pete is considering going back to school for his Ph.D. He's been thinking about it for just around a year now, and brought it up yesterday again. I told him that I would support whatever decision he makes, but to keep in mind that ITT may relocate us if they decide to promote him in the next year or two. He knows that before taking on such an expensive and time-consuming endeavor he needs to make sure he can finish it should we end up moving. It's not like an undergrad where you just transfer your credits over! The good thing is that ITT will pay his tuition if he makes a commitment to stay with them after he graduates for however many years he is in school. So, if he spends three years on his doctorate, we'd be with ITT for at least six years.

My only concern is how many hours after work he'll be away while I'm at home with the baby. That, and how enthusiastic he'll be about taking her off my hands after 8 hours at work and another few hours in class. I think we'd both be pretty burnt out. The questions remains whether or not it would be worth it in the end. I've always said I didn't mind a little agony as long as I know it'll end and I'll get something out of it.

This is still in the preliminary stages. It's really just an idea being tossed around at this point. I really shouldn't even really be posting it up here, but I'm bored and the computer was beckoning me to do it. Bad computer! Bad!

0 comments: