Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Frickin' New Year!

Pete and I were going to go do something for new year's eve, but decided in the end to just hang out at the house. I fell asleep at around 10:30, so it was for the best! Last year, we both made our very first new year's resolutions. We resolved not to drink soda for a year, and then after the year was up to only drink soda on special occasions like a trip to the movies or something. I cheated a couple times, but Pete stuck it out. Today we went to Burger King for lunch and I enjoyed a sweet, bubbly Sprite. It was so goooooood. Pete didn't even get a soda! What a nerd.

This year I decided that my resolution would be to not say the F word anymore. It's a really unnecessary and bad habit I picked up in the military years ago. I'm pretty good at filtering my language in front of certain people, but when the filter is off I'm pretty bad. Giving up ALL cussing may be a little too hard, especially while driving, so I decided to just give up the nastiest of the words I use. Here are a few substitutions I've considered:

Frick/frickin' (Elliot from Scrubs)
Freakin'
Flippin'
Fudge
Tartar Sauce! (Spongebob Squarepants)
Frak (Battlestar Galactica)
Mother Father, Sister, Brother! (in substitution of the other mother f-er)

Here are some classic "alternatives to the F word" moments....





Pete likes frak, but it's still a bit harsh. I really love Dr. Elliot from Scrubs. Frick is a good one!

Let me know if you have any other alternatives you'd like to share!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

when Im mad, I use em all. Frickin frackin fudge packin rackersackin so and so.....

Love, Mommie Dearest