Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Final Ultrasound

I just got back from my last ultrasound before Maya is born. She was being a little stubborn poop again and wouldn't quit sucking her hand, so we didn't get any good face shots. I really, really wanted to see her little face, but I guess I'll just have to wait until she's born.

They did all the measurements, and she's a week ahead of the other kids in size. She weighs six-and-a-half pounds. There is no doubt in my mind that she's got those big-ol' Ristig feet. Her feet measured bigger than her femur! They are already three inches long. Poor girl is going to be buying her shoes online. I also had them check one more time to make sure she's a girl. She is!

Sorry, no pictures. I didn't get them on disc this time, and the three pictures I did get printed out weren't very good. It's hard to even tell what you're seeing. Believe me, you're not missing anything. :(

Earlier today, I made the trek over to Other Mother's to trade in a bunch of clothes that my friend Rachel gave me. She meant well, but most of the stuff her daughter grew out of was just not what I considered cute, and a lot of it was boys stuff. I also got rid of a bunch of maternity clothes that I don't wear, and don't plan to wear in the future because it's uncomfortable or not long enough. I thought I might get 15 or 20 bucks because there wasn't very much good stuff in my bag. I totally scored and got $53 in trade! I bought a cute mobile for Maya's crib, a pair of little Converse All Star's and a pair of red Mary Jane's with flowers on them, and some more clothes for when she's older. I also got some sheets because I've been warned that I can never have enough of those with a baby! Yikes! I'm still glowing from my shopping score.

0 comments: