Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm STARVING

Used to be that I didn't normally get hungry until at least 10am. I could hold that over until lunch by eating a granola bar. Then, I'd eat a smallish lunch, eat a decent sized dinner, and I was good to go. I'm not sure if you pregnant Hutchins ladies are as suddenly starving as I am, but yesterday morning I woke up famished. We had a leftover plate of pork chops, scalloped cheesy potatoes, and corn in the fridge, so I ate it. After I had devoured the entire plate of food (a bigger plate than I usually have for dinner, mind you) I was just as hungry as I was before I had a single bite. What the deuce!? This happens pretty much every meal, and I snack all day long. I'm not really craving any particular food, I'll eat pretty much anything placed in front of me. I do particularly enjoy the extremely spicy, though.

I was reading that the normal pregnant lady eats an extra 300 calories per day. At the rate I'm going, I'm gonna be the size of a water buffalo in no time. I'm just grateful that I haven't really gained any weight yet, but this constant hunger is in its early stages.

I signed up for a pregnancy nutrition class for this Thursday evening at the hippie birthing center here in town. During the class I'm supposed to be fed (yay!), and they are going to be passing out healthy recipes to everyone. Hopefully, there will be some good ones. If there are any that are amazing, I'll post them on here for the other pregnant ladies who read this.

Oh! I also have my first official doctor's appointment on Thursday. It's not a fun one. Just blood tests and stuff. Basically it's the "yup, you're pregnant" appointment. Thank Pete we have amazing insurance. There's a $25 co-pay at the first appointment, and the rest of my pregnancy is FREE! If I need to stay in the hospital beyond the first day, it's $100 per day, total.

I need to sign up for this. I'd rock it!

2 comments:

Dick&Erica said...

In my second trimester, I could totally out-eat Richard (which is pretty hard to do). With Ella I craved fruit and spaghetti. With Ruby it was pizza. With both I had to be chewing ice constantly.

Your little body is hard at work making that teeny one. I think one time I read that growing a baby is the equivalent to running a marathon. Maybe that's a lie, but it made me feel better!

And HOORAY for insurance! I can't imagine how women can have babies without it.

Minkler Family said...

Congradulations! Make sure you post photo's of the growing tummy!

The Minklers:
Lyle, Hanna, Meghan, Halle, Jacob, Emily and Ben