Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Shoes and The Cuteness

I have these really cute May Jane Pediped shoes that Maya pretty much always wears. Unfortunately, she knows how to undo the vel-cro, so they come off at the most inopportune times. She did have some really cute tennis shoes, but we lost one, and I cannot for the life of me find it. I know it's in this house somewhere!

Well, I finally gave up. I decided I just needed to get her some new shoes. So, I went to my regular haunts (Target, Savers, Other Mother's) to try and find some cute tennis shoes, but to no avail. What is the deal with girls shoes? All the tennies have Disney Princesses or Dora some other AWFUL cartoon printed on the sides. That, or they are covered in glitter and sequins. What the heck? The shoes in the boys departments were all way too boyish, though. I gave up, and we went to the mall. I knew I'd seen some cute shoes at Journey's for Kids. I didn't care that I'd have to spend more than $12 on her shoes (yes, I'm a cheapskate), as long as I didn't have to cringe every time I put them on her feet. Well, boy am I glad we did! I ended up getting her some gray Chuck Taylor's exactly like the ones I have had for about 5 years (I just keep buying the same shoes because I love them)! Now, I'm pumped because not only does Maya look totally cute in them, but they match everything, the next kid can wear them regardless of whether it's a boy or girl, and we are twinsies! How stinking cute are these?!



And, did you notice that Maya is sitting at the big kids table now?! I thought I'd have to buy her a high chair with a tray, but she climbs up to the table and likes having snacks there. Woo-hoo! She's a little stinker, though. She'll sit in a big chair, but refuses to even try walking. What a poop!

Here are some pictures of her playing with her Daddy that I thought were pretty cute, too.



1 comments:

Erica said...

baby converse are the best! i hate shopping in the girl's shoe aisle too, but we did get the one stars from target for ella last year. i love those grey ones though.