Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm Addicted to Evony.

So, last week Pete said he found a game online that was pretty fun. I never really played RPG's before because, well, they look lame. Oh, was I wrong! I've been playing all week. Every time I have a few minutes I peek back online so I can update stuff, recruit more infantry, learn new tricks in my University, and upgrade my walls, defenses, farms, quarry, etc. It's unhealthy.


Evony is basically like World of Warcraft. Only difference is Evony is free. It's a real-time RPG where you are the lord or lady of a plot of land. You have a town hall, cottages, barracks, a school, a feasting hall, an inn, farms, sawmills, quarries, iron mines, etc. You are a point on a map where you have neighbors, deserts, forests, and other stuff that you can conquer to build upon your domain. During the first week you are in beginner status, and nobody else can attack you. It gives you a chance to build up your defenses before anyone can invade your city.


I know all this sounds INCREDIBLY nerdy, but it is so fun! I joined an alliance for extra protection, and the person who started the alliance is actually a pregnant lady from Norway. We chatted about health care for a bit. It was really interesting. I asked her whether she was using a midwife or an OB and she had no idea what I was talking about.

Of all the people reading this blog, I think Pete's Dad would have the most fun playing. Nate (Melanie's kid, not Vicki's, though he might like it, too) would like it as well since he's so into City of Heroes. Anyways, it's fun.

If you now think I'm a huge dork, so be it. I love Evony. Oh, and I'm on server 66 if anyone else wants to join me. I'm Lady Lulu. Transport to my server right away though, because if you do it later your town will be wiped clean when you move. Just so's you knows.

1 comments:

Barry, Vicki and the boys said...

My Nathan would like this type of game also. He plays d&d with his dad and friends almost every weekend.