Monday, May 4, 2009

A Visit from Aunt Dorothy!

Pete's sister came into town this weekend with one of her girlfriends and joined us for the Run for the Zoo. She stayed with us through the weekend, and Maya (not to mention Pete and I) fully enjoyed her presence. She was a HUGE help with the baby, and gave Pete and myself a bit of a break from entertaining Maya.

It was nice to have not one, but two people here to help out after the long week by myself with the baby. And just in time, too. Maya has decided to be a little poop-head in the night, and wakes up every couple of hours kicking and grunting. She has been CONSTANTLY hungry, and if there is not a bottle in her mouth the moment she wakes, she gets pretty mad. There is definitely a growth spurt in progress. Also, she's been sleeping her days away, so she doesn't want to sleep so much at night. We're going to have to nip that nonsense in the bud before I lose my mind from lack of sleep!

Another lovely habit she seems to enjoy recently is to poop or pee on her changing table while I'm changing her. It is so gross! She's done it at least once a day for the last three days. I think she enjoys the nice cool air blowing by her bottom, and it inspires her to give her Mommy a gift. I can't tell you how many outfits we've gone through because she pees and it gets on her shirt.

While Dorothy was here, we did the Run for the Zoo. She is quite the runner and did the 10K timed run with her girlfriend. Pete and I are big lazies and did the 5K walk (which Dorothy also did after her run!). I wanted to do the 5K timed run and was going to train with the Couch to 5K program, but I still am not 100% healed from giving birth to Maya. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! I was kinda sad to walk and not run, but what are ya gonna do? Pete's knee is bugging him from an old running injury, so he had to walk fast or it would just ache like crazy. Pete walked so fast that Dorothy and I had to jog to keep up with him!


Here we are out to pizza at a local place. I just love the mural in the background. That's only about a quarter of it, too.

Thanks for coming out Dorothy! Next time bring Mady so she can help with the baby, too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's old enough now that you can add a little rice cereal to her formula just before bed. That worked for you when you were little! Sticks to the ribs more.

Mommie Dearest