Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


I love my mom because:

  • She is so giving. She'd give you the shirt off her back, and you wouldn't even need to ask.

  • Her skin is soft and warm and smells like flowers.

  • She is super laid-back and goes where the wind blows her.

  • Whenever we hang out I don't feel like I need to be a certain way or act differently...she will like me anyways, warts and all.

  • She is supportive of everything I do, and even pretended to like every single one of my goofy boyfriends. She even supported my leg while I was having her grandbaby!

  • She is into Battlestar Galactica (yes!).

  • If you just say the words "Road Trip" she's pulling out her keys. She co-invented the word "chicktrip".

  • She would let us drag cardboard boxes from the piano store down the street so we could make a town in the family room. She'd even cut out the windows and doors!

  • All the fun hikes when we were kids. Supai is THE BEST!

  • She can be incredibly selfless and nurturing...just look at her job.

  • She is an unbelievably talented artist. I can't wait for the paintings and whatnot of Maya that I am sure are to come!

  • She made ME!


I love my Grammy because:

  • She was always so gentle and sweet to us when we were kids.

  • She always pulls out the stops at holidays, even if she's not really feeling up to it.

  • She took me on amazing trips in her motor home as a kid. I still remember making a doll and all her clothes with you on the sewing machine while Grampa drove.

  • She loves her family more than anything on this planet.

  • She smells pretty. Most old ladies smell like old ladies, but not my Grammy (haha!).

  • She takes such good care of my Boompa.

  • She is incredibly smart and accomplished. Mother, author, college graduate, model, journalist, the list goes on and on and on....

  • She always has a hug when I walk in the door.

  • She takes care of her doggie even though she's a stinker (you can tell a lot about people by the way they treat animals).

  • I love the way she acts like something is gross or uncouth when she is cracking up on the inside.

  • She makes the BEST casseroles, and I love me a good casserole!

  • She is a good sport when the ladies in her family raid her closet and dress up in the many faces of Grammy.

  • She made my Mommy!


I love Terea because:

  • She ruled with an iron fist when I was a teenager and kept my nose clean.

  • She bought me my first bra.

  • She takes such good care of my dad.

  • She cried when she saw Maya for the first time.

  • She sends Maya little packages with cute outfits every now and again.

  • She was a good sport and humored my dad at Thanksgiving with Turkey Bowl. GO GOBBLERS!

  • She puts up with me whenever I'm "being ornery".

  • She throws one heck of a Christmas Eve party. I can't believe Santa came this year! Maya doesn't know what she's in for!

  • She likes things the way she likes them, and will have it no other way (who does that sound like?).

  • She loves getting the most out of life, traveling, enjoying a frozen margarita, spending time with her kids, and getting a mani/pedi every now and again.

  • She takes such good care of my dad!


I love my other Mom (Barbara) because:

  • She ADORES her grandchildren.

  • She is always looking on the bright side of things.

  • She has put up with Terry for all these years (What a woman! Haha!).

  • In her downtime she is always thinking about other people. She makes things with the sole intent of giving them to charity, or her grandchildren.

  • She is incredibly talented at her crafts. That embroidery machine is SWEET!

  • She has pretty hands.

  • She loves teaching children.

  • She made Pete!


Happy Mother's Day everybody! Especially if it's your first one. You know who you are!
My first moments with Maya....PRICELESS!

0 comments: