Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our Holiday Schedule

The Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays will soon be upon us, and with them comes the chaos of figuring out where we're going to be and when. Last night I did some calling around and shuffling of schedules, and I think I have hashed out all the details. It's really impossible to accommodate everyone's schedule, so I tried to squeeze in seeing as many of you as we can during both holidays. Because we're not going to be in Prescott for Thanksgiving, I threw in a whole day to hang out with the Prescott folks over the Christmas break. Here's what we've got so far:

Thanksgiving
Wednesday the 26th -
Leave NM around 7am - Get to Melanie's house round 2ish
Hang out with Mom in the evening - movie perhaps?

Thursday the 27th -
Go to Mimi's Cafe with Ron and Dorothy at 11:15
Thanksgiving at Aunt Sondra's at 1pm
Back to Melanie's around 4ish and go to bed early

Friday the 28th -
Hit the shops with Melanie at 4am (yes, I think it's crazy too)
Baby Shower at 3pm

Saturday the 29th -
Drive back to home sweet home and relax before we're back to work!


Christmas
Wednesday the 24th -
Leave NM around 8 or 9ish
Drive straight to Dad Nicolai's for Christmas Eve festivities
Sleep over at Melanie's

Thursday the 25th -
Christmas morning stockings and pressies at Melanie's
Christmas lunch at Dorothy's from 11am until 1pm-ish
Drive to Prescott for Christmas at Grammy's - get there at 3ish
Sleep over at Grammy's

Friday the 26th -
Hang out in Prescott all day
Sleep over at Grammy's

Saturday the 27th -
Drive back home with all our loot!


If for some reason this schedule doesn't work for you, please voice your concerns now so I can re-arrange our plans and let everyone know about the changes. Also, keep in mind that I am getting huge pregnant and that driving a lot or sleeping on a futon may not be the most comfortable arrangement for me. Two road trips to AZ in two months is kinda pushing it as it is!

Speaking of schedules, I just thought I'd put it out there that Maya's due date is February 22nd. My mom has already let me know that she will definitely be coming out here after she's born (and while she's being born for that matter!), but I wasn't sure if any of you other AZ folks were going to make plans to come visit in late February. If so, could you please let me know. I don't need exact dates or anything, I just wanted to find out for my own type-A curiosity if I should be expecting visitors. I'm a planner! I'd love a visit from anyone and everyone. Just keep in mind that the guest bedroom has already been claimed by my mom, so y'all may have to get a hotel. But, it's worth it, right?! Right!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww :( I sure wish Ben and I could make it south for Xmas. He's a manager at target these days, and there's NO chance of any holiday down time. Boo! Oh well, it's a good job so I'll take what I can get ;) We're talking about a spring trip, so it's all good! :D