Thursday, November 6, 2008

Finally got a Mac!


Pete and I bit the bullet and finally gave in to the superior awesomeness that is the iMac. We've been wanting one for ages, but our computer always just kept right on keeping on, and we didn't feel the need to spend the money on something we didn't really need. Well, our computer (which we've had for nearly six years!) can't handle any more memory we may want to place in it, and it's full to capacity. With the baby on her way, we know we're going to have tons of pictures and video and we'll need a safe place to store them. Hence, the new computer.

There's another reason why we're giving in to buying a new computer as well. I've been taking an online course on starting my own home grant writing consultation business. My college degree was focused on non-profit grant writing, I just haven't really had a chance to use it in the capacity I originally intended. Anyhoo, if I'm going to get my new little business venture off the ground, I'm going to need a good website and lots of computer space for all the projects I'm going to be working on. I figure it's a lot less taxing on my body to take on a few writing projects than a few more kids, and we could definitely use the money (who couldn't). I want to get all the legal stuff finalized, my business license in order, and contract templates completed before I take on any clients. I figure it'll all be straight by December-ish. So, if you know anyone who is looking for a cheap grant writer, you should send them my way in about a month. And by cheap I mean $25 per hour (as opposed to the standard $75 per hour a seasoned grant writer makes). I'm cheap....but I'm good!

0 comments: