Monday, April 14, 2008

Trip to Phoenix / The Big Move!

Last week I was in Phoenix watching my 13 year-old niece Autumn while my step-sister Angela and her husband went on a cruise. It was a busy week trying to get a visit in with all the relatives in the Phoenix Metro Area. There were several people I didn't get to visit, and to them I say sorry. My family is huge, though, and I only had a couple hours each day while Autumn was at school. Next time I'll make the trek up to Prescott!

While in Phoenix I got to go on lots of field trips! I went to the Phoenix Zoo, the Botanical Gardens, The Phoenix Art Museum, Robbie's dirt bike practice (which was really cool!), the Science Museum, and tons more. I also went to a couple girlie movies and read two books. For those ladies who love period romance novels, I highly recommend The Other Boleyn Girl. Melanie and I went to the movie after I finished reading it, and it doesn't hold a candle to the book. I also got to see my nephews which is always super-fun!

I brought my schizophrenic camera, but it only wanted to work at the botanical gardens and Ikea, so my pictures aren't all that great - hence not posting any. Thanks for all who were gracious enough to host while I was there, and to those who went field tripping with me! It was well needed R&R.

Now that I'm home, it's time to pack! Our new house closes on Thursday, and then Pete and I get to install the flooring and paint before we lug all our junk across town and into our new house. We are both really looking forward to the move, and truly dreading all the costs associated with it. We have to buy a new heater before they will turn on the gas, so that means forking over $700, or taking icy cold showers. Also, the flooring alone is going to cost us a little over $3,000 and we need to buy a fridge. Goodbye sweet savings! Luckily Pete will be getting bonuses with his new job, but we probably won't see those until at least late May, early June (and thank goodness for them!). Overall, though, we are both really excited about all the extra space and are not at all disappointed to say goodbye to our ghetto neighbors. Later, sucka's!

As promised, something interesting...

This one is a little less depressing.

1 comments:

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Yeah! That is so exciting for you guys. I know what you mean about missing out on seeing people. I went back to AZ for 2 weeks and I thought that would be more than enough time to do everything and see everyone, but then on the last day it's like you're counting all the things you would have liked to have done :) oh well