Friday, April 25, 2008

sooo......tired....must........rest....

I am EXHAUSTED! Our new house closed last Thursday, and since then I have been spending every evening scrambling to get this house packed up and the new house ready to be moved into. It's not ready by a long shot, and we move our furniture tomorrow. Every night this week I've been at the new house until at least 10pm (usually later) painting, installing the wood floors (the worst!), moving all the little stuff in boxes, pulling the bjillion weeds in the front yard, etc.

It wouldn't be all that bad except every night this week I've woken up in the middle of the night either because I had to go to the bathroom, or for no apparent reason at all. I do my best to clear my head and not think, or to find something unimportant to think about so I can drift back off to sleep. It doesn't really work, and I generally spend anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour trying to get back to sleep. I've also been having really bizarre and vibrant dreams. It's so obnoxious.
To top it all off, I'm getting sick. I thought it might just be allergies, but Claritin isn't working and my face is all congested. I am so groggy and achy! I've been taking naps with the kids each day to try and catch up on a few zzz's.

Despite all the yuckiness, I am really excited to get into the new house. I'm bummed that the carpet in the bedrooms won't come in for another two weeks and we didn't get a chance to tile the dining room yet, but that will happen in the next few weeks as well. As soon as the house is all put together I'll post pictures. I'm really excited because we'll have three bedrooms. That means Pete can have his man-room and we can have a real guest bedroom. Hopefully it'll become a nursery soon, but I'm not doing any decorating until it's for sure!

Anyhoo, if anyone wants to plan a visit let me know. I've got a guest bedroom now, and we'll have an actual queen-sized bed in there. No more crashing on the couch! Yay!

An now...your moment of zen.

2 comments:

Dick&Erica said...

I heart Brak so much! My favorite song of his is "I Like Girls".

I had the same "allergy" thing yesterday. I took Claritin, but felt achy all day, so I went and got some Aleve Sinus Headache medicine and it worked wonders. I really thought my head was going to explode.

How exciting for your new house. Having a fresh start is the best because it gives you a great excuse to throw out all of your unnecessary junk you've been collecting.

Anonymous said...

so Laurie, JoMama here to say mama things...Youre sick or getting sick. Take Echenacia and Goldenseal (combo) for a week to 10 days. 2 in the am, 1 at nite. Also take 3000mg of vit. C/day and zinc lozenges. Drink Lots of clean water and take a hot shower if you feel congested. There's some bad stuff going around and it starts out feeling like a cold. If you need more info, call. I like your new "look". I'll come visit when you give me the word it's a good time. And I'm going to be traveling down highway 40 in my big ole' pickup truck (actually Elaine's Mom's RV) so we'll have to sing the song. It's also fun to sing it in "opera". hahaha.