Sunday, March 30, 2008

Yeah, yeah, yeah....

My mom was giving me a hard time since it's been two whole weeks since my last blog. I haven't written because it's been stressful and I didn't want to bore or annoy anyone with the details. But since you guys apparently want to know, here ya go!

As you all know, we got the house that we bid on , and Pete and I are more and more excited to move in with each passing day! Unbeknownst to us, when we got pre-approved it was for having just that house and not the one we currently own. That meant that we had to get approved all over again, but this time for two mortgages (since our house just hit the market a week and a half ago and isn't sold yet). Since the housing market is pretty much in the tank we had to jump through a few hoops to get our financing together and pretty much couldn't spend a penny for about a week. For those of you who know me well, that's hard! I couldn't even get groceries!

Then we had inspection on the new house last week. They went VERY well, but getting the utilities turned on was a feat in itself. Since the house was winterized, they didn't want us to turn on the water. And since the water was off, the gas company wouldn't turn on the gas because then the hot water heater would explode. They didn't let me know they couldn't turn it on without water until after I canceled at the last minute with one of my kids to I could be at the house because they wanted someone there (We'll be there between 8 and 5, but it will actually be at the precise moment that you are busy). Then, our real estate agent Ben finally convinced the bank to let us turn on the water. I called to turn it on and it turned out that the previous tenants had a $535 unpaid water bill. They wanted a letter from the title company stating that they would pay the bill at closing. I got that, and when I drove down to the Water Utility company they said it wasn't right. This paragraph could continue to go on and on, but I'll spare you the re-frickin-diculous details. It seemed as though just as soon as we solved one problem, another one cropped up. Keep in mind they were all mild and fixable, but it was annoying as they just kept piling up. At the eleventh hour I managed to get all but the gas turned on for inspections. I'm so glad that ordeal is over.

Also, we're in the midst of selling our house. Every time a realtor calls, I have to pack up all the kids I watch and head over to the park or something so they can have the house to themselves while they're touring it. Thank goodness the weather is nice! I also have to keep the house impeccably clean. We've had a number of people tour the house, and we've had offers from two sets of buyers. Neither of them were all that great, so we're holding out since it's only been just over a week. We just countered one of them last night, so we'll see. I just want this stupid house to sell so I can relax and not worry about whether my bed is made or the wood floors are shiny enough.

To top off the stress list I'm NOT PREGNANT YET! What the hell? We've officially had three tries. Yeah, I know lots of women take longer on their first try. But I'm not one of them. This should be easy, right? I've done every last thing the stupid books say, and its just not working. To add insult to injury, EVERYONE around me is getting pregnant and they aren't even trying. It's seriously aggravating. Plus, I'm due to ovulate again in two weeks, and I'll be in Phoenix while Pete's in Albuquerque. So, that's at least another month before we can even try again. I do all the things you're supposed to do. I take pre-natal vitamins, I keep meticulous records of dates that different bodily functions are occurring (I'll spare you the details), I eat right, I gave up soda pop, I've seen the doctor for my physical. The whole shebangibang. Needless to say, I'm irritated. I know, I know... stress should be kept to a minimum...keep it fun and don't fixate on it...blah blah blah! Well, I wasn't even a little bit stressed for the first two tries, and I was only mildly irritated for the last one. I'm pretty sure I'm just wigging out because of a combination of things, and I'll be just fine once we're all moved in and our house is sold. I just wonder why I spent all those years on birth control!

Well, there you go. The tirade that I was going to spare my small but loyal audience is laid out for all to enjoy! Sorry, folks. It was nice to vent, though!

0 comments: