Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!

We spent our New Year's Eve at a new friend's house. Our friends Tom and Erin had a little shindig at their house, and we brought the kids. They have three kids of their own, including a little girl about Maya's age. We played Apples to Apples, drank champagne, and chit-chatted the night away. The kids stayed downstairs for the most part, playing with toys and watching TV. Maya had a blast!

Maya stayed up until 12:30 when we drove home!! Wyatt passed out in his little pack & play at around 10pm. It was a fun night, and I look forward to spending lots more time with all our new friends in Colorado.


I made a couple resolutions. First, I want to make homemade meals more often.Pete usually cooks on the weekends, so I pledged to make two completely home-made meals per week. That means nothing from a box or frozen bag. All fresh, and made from scratch! I also want to eat more veggies and less meat.

My second resolution is to teach Maya her lower-case letters, her numbers, some commonly used sight words, and her months. I got a freebee calendar that I cut up, and we're going to hang it on her bedroom wall today. That way, she can have a better grasp on the abstract concept of time. She just couldn't understand why it was taking so long for Christmas to come, so we're going to do a little countdown to important holidays like her birthday and Easter.

Pete didn't make any resolutions. At least, no that I'm aware of. Party pooper!! ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

0 comments: