Sunday, January 1, 2012

December in Review


This month, we had a permanent house guest! Santa sent a scout elf to our house to watch over Maya and Wyatt, and report back to Santa on the status of their behavior. He also brought us a book, which instructed us to give him a name. After going through a long list of names, Maya finally chose the name Gus. I was pushing for Elfred, but she wasn't having it! Every night, Gus used his Christmas magic to fly back to the North Pole where he reported to Santa, and then played with his other elf friends. The next morning, he flew back to our house, and would find a new place to sit and watch the kids. It was our job each morning to find him! On Christmas Eve, Gus flew back to the North Pole with Santa. We sure do miss him, and hope he comes back next year!!



Maya got to visit Santa at the mall. We were lucky enough to be there on the same day he was visiting, and the line wasn't even that long! Maya told him about the red bike she wanted, but he already knew she wanted it. Gus told him!


Since the weather was getting kinda chilly, and Maya's hats were getting snug, I decided to pop for the cutest hat in all existence for her! I saw it at a consignment store, and used almost all my trade to buy it. Totally worth it! She looks like a little rainbow gnome. Cutest. Hat. Ever. I took some pictures of the kids, and one ended up being to main photo on our holiday card.



On December 5th, we drove up to the Denver Waldorf Academy to check out their Winter Festival. I'm part of a group of parents here in town working to open a Waldorf Charter School, and I wanted to go to a Waldorf school to check it out. We sure did get a taste of winter, that's for sure! It was DUMPING snow on us all the way there. I'm glad we went, though, because that school was awesome! Maya had lots of fun doing the crafts they had set up and playing in the indoor gym. She also went in to a room just for kids, and got me a Christmas present! I had to wait until Christmas, but loved my new bracelet she picked out. It was super cute!



I also had my birthday! I turned the big 3-3, and Pete made me a delicious meat cake. We had a lovely dinner, followed by going out to see The Muppet Movie. It was an awesome day!



A couple days before Christmas, we got a BUNCH of snow. We'd bought a little sled this summer at a yard sale, so we cracked that puppy out and took Maya sledding down our hill. The cars were nice enough to pack down the powder, so the hill was nice and slick. We also made a little snowman who Maya named Happy. Maya wanted to make snow angels, but once she laid down in the snow and realized how deep it was, she changed her mind.








Christmas morning was so fun this year! I was sad we couldn't be with family, but I was really excited that Maya could anticipate and enjoy Christmas morning. Plus, I went overboard for Pete this year, and I knew he was going to have an awesome morning! He got four D&D books, two funny t-shirts, a bow tie, and a shotgun! Thanks and much gratitude go out to Ken for helping me make the shotgun a reality! You are awesome!! Of all the gifts Maya got, I'd say she liked her tea set, tricycle, and Rapunzel the best. My favorite gift was the little bracelet Maya gave me. I also scored some pretty sweet moccasin slippers I'd been coveting, and LOTS of chocolate. :)














0 comments: