Monday, August 29, 2011

We Have Mobility!!


This week, Wyatt started really pushing himself around with his feet. As the week progressed he turned into a full-fledged inch-worm! He can move, and he can move fast! The stairs have gotten me really worried, now, because our bannister is in a weird place, and I'm not sure how we're going to block it off. I'll have to do some homework on baby gates, or perhaps rig up something that will work. Yikes! Here's a video of the action. Maya steals the show pretending to be a dog, but you get a good 50 seconds of crawling action. Sorry it's so dark, Maya's light bulb in her room needs changed.



Wyatt also just had his six-month checkup. Here are his stats:

Weight: 16.8 pounds, 35th percentile
Height: 28 inches, 91st percentile
Head Circumference: 17.8 inches, 83rd percentile
BMI: 15.1
He also has his 2 bottom teeth!


When the lady first entered in all his stats and printed up a copy for us, it said he was in the 100th percentile for height. I wondered how that could be. He'd be the tallest baby on earth! Then, I noticed him BMI was zero. Uuhhhhh? Turns out she made a typo, and instead of 28 inches, entered 2,816 inches. Pete and I had a chuckle!

Wyatt is a sweet little guy. He goes to bed at 8pm every night, and wakes up at around 5:30am when I bring him into bed with us. He nurses and snuggles for about an hour or so, and then will just look up at me and grin the hugest, most adorable "Good morning, Mom!" grin ever! Every day. It's awesome.

Wyatt loves taking baths, but doesn't so much enjoy getting his hair washed. He loves slapping the water and eating his bath toys. Speaking of toys, Wyatt has a new-found love of "little guys". I bought a bunch of Star Wars guys at a yard sale, and they are his go-to toy of choice. He also loves playing with spoons, granola bar wrappers, his toy phone, and his favorite toy of all....his big sister, Maya! Lately, she has a new game where she just piles anything she can find into a big pile and calls it her "little nest". He just loves it, because they get into the nest together and Maya hands him one thing after another She is a really good big sister!



Wyatt also loves beards. He likes running his fingers through them. He's gonna be a mountain man someday, I just know it! Here he is at a recent party we had, enjoying a friend's beard. (This seriously cracks me up!)


They say all kids are really different, but I've found that Wyatt and Maya have really similar temperaments so far. The only big difference is Wyatt's determination, and physical strength. When he wants something, he really goes for it! Maya was more of a "cry until someone gets it for me" kind of girl. He is crazy strong, too. Has been since the day he was born.

We've just recently started Watt on solids. He's a pretty decent eater so far, but he definitely prefers the sweeter foods. It's funny, because all I wanted to eat when I was pregnant with him was candy.

Wyatt is looking more and more like his Daddy every day! It's nuts looking at old baby pictures of Pete. They could be Wyatt, with the exception of the nose. He totally has my nose. :)



I love this photo of his profile, and I also threw in a Daddy snuggle-time picture!

0 comments: