Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dirty Girl Mud Run



I'll be participating in the Dirty Girl Mud Run 5k next month with some girlfriends. It's basically a 5k obstacle course, with lots of mud! I will not be wearing my good shoes. After brainstorming for team names, we went with one of mine. We are The Dirty Nerdy Chocolate Granola Explosion! It pays homage to the dirtiness of the event, and the nerdy, granola-ness of myself, and especially, my teammates. One of the girls has dreadlocks for crying out loud! Now, she is a granola to the max. It should prove to be a really good time, and it'll be the first 5k I'll actually be running. Here's hoping I don't lose a shoe!! Here's a link to the website if you want to see what's on the obstacle course.

http://www.godirtygirl.com/faq/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okee dokee

Amanda M said...

Love the name! Good luck!!!!!

Amanda said...

Love the name, have a blast! I did the first run in WI a few weeks ago - my biggest recommendation is to practice running on uneven and, if possible, muddy ground. That's where I struggled most - it was amazing though and I will definitely do it again next year.