Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fancy New Phones


Pete and I were perplexed at what we were going to do about our phone carrier, Verizon. First of all, they dropped their phone credit for new, two-year contracts from $100 to $50. So, if we wanted to get new phones (which we kinda need) we were gonna have to drop some cash upfront. Also, unless we wanted to get a dinosaur for a phone, we were going to have to start paying an extra $20 per month in data charges. We were paying for every picture message we sent or received, and were getting all kinds of random charges for stupid, unexpected things.

Now, I understand that cell phone service is pricier than just a land line, and I understand why. But, for us to be paying over $120 per month, plus for us to drop a bunch of money on the phones themselves is just plain unreasonable. So, our hunt commenced for a plan and phones that were more affordable, but gave us the same services we already had.

We found one better! Yay! I guess Sprint and Virgin Mobile recently struck up some kind of deal where Virgin Mobile now uses Sprint's signal. Virgin Mobile has an amazing deal, and we both signed up (actually, we didn't because there is no contract!). We get unlimited text, pix, and web, plus 300 minutes each per month for $25 per phone. WOO-HOO!!

So, Pete and I got new fancy phones. I got a Rumor2, and Pete got the Rumor Touch. His phone is definitely fancier than mine, but Pete likes gadgets, and really wanted the Touch.


Sorry to all you Verizon peeps out there who will actually have to use minutes to call me during business hours, but seriously. I'm saving $70 per month. Sorrrrryyyyyyyy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our phone bill was $850 last month!!!! Yes, we have 5 people on it and one of them (not Ken or me) has all kinds of fancies on hers, but wow. Im stunned! Ken's daughter went way over her limits and we got spanked. We are ready to tell everyone else to get their own phone except Grammy. And Im shopping for a new carrier if they don't reduce this monster. thanks for doing my research for me! Love MommieD