Monday, March 30, 2009

Portrait by Dan Peebles

My friend Emily asked if we'd mind being the subject of a portrait for a friend of hers who wants to beef up his portfolio. He's doing a project on families, and wanted to do artsy-fartsy pictures of us around the house. We just did it yesterday, so I don't have the pictures yet.

We were super bummed because it was really cloudy yesterday, so we missed out on the really pretty afternoon light in the living room. Dan had tons of lighting fixtures though, so it was no biggie. He posed us just sitting around, no cheesy smiling. Just natural. Pete held the dog while I sat on the couch holding the baby. It was very nice. We did the same in the kitchen, but with Pete holding Maya and me leaning on the counter.

Emily is Dan's re-toucher, so as soon as she's done making them perfect she said she'd send me the good ones. Of course I'll post them here when they're in. I'm stoked!

Here's Dan's website. You can see his photography style in the Portfolio section. And yes...that's the midget from the HBO show Carnivale, and Zsa Zsa Gabor.

0 comments: