Monday, March 23, 2009

Maya's First Visit to AZ

I decided to spring for an airline ticket so Maya could meet all her relatives back in Arizona. We ere only there for four days, but it was really nice to catch up with everyone and show off my little angel.

The plane ride was great! I think Maya liked the white noise the plane made. Grumpa picked us up from the airport, and we decided to surprise Grandma T at work. She was really surprised and happy to see Maya! Next, we went to visit Maya's Aunt Dorothy, Uncle Ron, and cousin Mady. We hung out at their house, and then went out for a quick lunch. Next stop, Melanie's house. I'm kinda ticked at myself because I didn't get out the camera until I got to Melanie's place (grrrr). We ordered pizza and chilled out and watched Big Love and American Idol. It was nice to relax.
Here are Melanie and the boys holding Maya.

Nate wanted to hold her by himself.

He got the hang of it after a minute.

We slept over at Mel's, and then took her truck up to Prescott. Maya's G.G. wasn't feeling well, but she sure did enjoy holding her great-grandbaby!

Uncle Dan and Aunt Autumn were there, too.


After visiting for a bit and having a yummy lunch that Granny made, we went over to her new Prescott digs for dinner (domestic goddess much?). Dan and Autumn came for spaghetti dinner, and Maya's Nana and Papa (Pete's parents) came too. It was really nice to all hang out and enjoy each other's company.


Dan's new beast Patches O'Houlihan came, too. We got to enjoy the pleasure of his drool! This photo does not do him justice. The dog is HUGE!

The next morning my Mom and I went down to the square and hit up the antique stores. We were having a little too much fun...


I tried calling Pete's sister Hanna to see if we could swing by and see the cousins, but nobody picked up. :( I suppose I probably should have planned a little better. Oh, well. We'll definitely see you next visit guys!

Instead, I headed back down to Phoenix a little early and slept over at my Dad's house. He was kind enough to record Battlestar Galactica on his DVR for me! (What is the deal with Starbuck? So lame.) My girlfriend Mira came by to see the baby, and after she left Maya and I hit the sack. Terea gave me an "As seen on TV" tap light to use so I didn't have to get up and turn on the light to nurse, and it was awesome! I'm totally picking up a few. Anyhoo, I awoke to BSG and then got ready for the troops to arrive. Terea noted that my Converse Allstar's were well past their expiration date (they were tearing up my socks) so she bought me new ones! What a gal! We also went to Target and got some pretty headbands for Maya. Terea made burgers for lunch, and a plethora of people came b the house to see her. Hordes of aunts and uncles and cousins. It was awesome!





After everyone left, Grumpa dropped us back off at the airport where Maya proceeded to cry and cry and cry. I purposefully let her scream as I bounced her around the terminal so she'd get it out of her system. I got some glances from people waiting to board our plane, and informed them that she'd be eating, not screaming, on the plane. Sure enough, not one peep. Once we got to Albuquerque one of the ladies on the plane told me my plan worked great! She didn't hear her once. Luckily, it's a short flight!

We're home now, and all the pollen in the air is making Maya pretty stuffy. Poor baby was up most the night last night (which means I was up most the night last night). Thank heavens for booger suckers!

0 comments: