Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pregnancy Update

Well, I thought she'd be here early because her head dropped into my pelvis like three weeks ago, but it looks like Maya is quite content in her warm, watery home for the time being. I had an appointment with my midwife on Tuesday, and she said I was 90-100% effaced, one centimeter dilated, and Maya's head was RIGHT THERE ready to come at any time. I knew that last part already, as I have had to make frequent potty breaks! Not to gross anyone out, but my mucus plug has also dislodged which is another good sign of impending birth. TMI, but hey...it's my blog!

It's crazy how annoying this whole waiting game is. I feel like I'm listening to the Jeopardy song, but it just keeps going and going and NEVER gets to the end part that goes Bing! bing-bing-bing, bing....bing....bing...bong-bong! It's like Chinese water torture sitting at home with nothing to do just waiting for her to arrive, listening to the clock tick-tock. UUUGGGHH. Granted, she's not officially due for another three days, but she told me she wanted to come early! What a little jerk telling her mother one thing and then doing the exact opposite. I knew she was a little smart-alec like her mama, but this is getting ridiculous. As soon as she's born, she is grounded. Grounded!

1 comments:

Shannon & Justin Hutchins said...

I can relate davis was a week late. This last part is the most miserable, but it is worth every second. Hang in there, and you are in our prayers.