Monday, July 21, 2008

GET IN MA BELLY!

I found my camera and my phone. Hooray! Actually, Pete found my camera and phone. They were in his backpack where I put them when we went out for Fourth of July. Oops. Unbelievably, my phone still had a charge. But on to my point...pictures! I took a picture of myself in the bathroom mirror just a minute ago. I seriously barely have a belly, but I'm excited about it. It's in its cute stage before it gets large and uncomfortable, so I'm enjoying it!

Here I am at 4 weeks. (ignore the ill-fitting, baggy butt...hey, they're comfy)

And here I am earlier today at 9 weeks.

Morning sickness has seemed to go by the wayside as well. I'm feeling much better, and am able to eat more. I've only gained two pounds if you can believe it. As much as I've been eating, it blows my mind that I don't weigh 800 pounds by now.

I was talking to Pete about how even though I know I'm pregnant, I'm finding it hard to believe that there's an actual person inside me and that I'm that person's mother. It's pretty much an impossible concept to grasp for me. I asked him if he was feeling the same, and he said no! He's totally and completely accepted the idea that he's a dad and that yes, indeed, his kid is living in my midsection. I really, really can't wait until it's ultrasound time. I think I need to see it to believe it. That's not until September, though. It seems like an eternity.

I also really want to know if it's a boy or a girl. BAD. I've started picking out nursery stuff, but I obviously cant pick a major theme until I know the sex of the baby. Well, I could, but then I'd just go out and exchange it as soon as I knew for sure, so that's out of the question. So, I've decided to paint the room a rich, dark camel color, and I'm getting a white nursery set. I'll probably get it in the next week or so. Here's the crib I want.

Pete and I absolutely cannot agree on diaper bags. He refuses to carry around a big, girlie bag, and I refuse to carry around something that I think looks like luggage. So, I'm going to just get a really big, awesome purse and have it double as my diaper bag. Pete is going to get his luggage. It's something we're both really strongly opinionated on, so I figure it's better to spend an extra 20 bucks on his luggage than it is to bicker over how one or the other of us hates the bag.

I keep making Fat Bastard comments on how I ate a baby...Get In Ma Belly! Just so you're in on the joke when I inevitably bring it up, here's the clip as a little refresher.

0 comments: