Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Can't find my camera!

Last week my belly started to pooch out. It's pretty cute. Sadly, I can't find my camera anywhere! Pete was going to take monthly belly pictures, but last week when I hit my two month marker I couldn't take a picture. Grrrrrr. Oh, well. The search continues....

Being pregnant is not at all what I expected. I thought it would be great fun, but I just feel flu-ish all the time. I suppose I should be grateful that I'm not barfing my guts out on a regular basis, but still it's pretty darn uncomfortable. I'm tired ALL THE TIME, and night before last I ate four dinners. Yes, four. You'd think it would be really fun to eat four dinners, but it's actually really annoying. I eat a full meal, and then an hour later I'm just as ravenous as I was before dinner. The only catch is, only a few things sound appetizing. So, even though I'm really hungry, the food sitting in front of me looks repellent. I'm constantly cooking or driving out to the store for something different. Plus, I'm eating us out of house and home!

The other thing that's really strange to me is being so delicate with my body. Walking for any more than an hour really wears me out. Even just around the grocery store. And if I lean against the kitchen counter, it hurts. If I get up too quickly, I get crazy cramps. I have to be all slow and take lots of rests. It's weird because I knew that would happen, but I didn't think it would be this soon. I feel like a big baby, and like I should be more active. But I just can't do it! I've always been blessed with being really healthy and active, and it's strange to have that taken away from me.

Luckily, Pete babies me all the time. If he didn't do that I don't know what I'd do. He is my savior! I couldn't have asked for a more supportive and loving husband. Not only has he taken over kitty-litter changing duties, but he pitches in with dishes and laundry without even being asked! He also gets up to get me drinks and food and whatever. What a guy!

Changing gears, we are doing much better since Izzy's passing. It may sound stupid to some people to get all upset over a dog, but she was such a major part of our family. We are considering getting another dog, but I'm not sure if it'll happen anytime soon. I'm not able to take a big dog for walks (unless they're already a good walker), and we're not really little dog people. We will probably get a pound puppy, and those generally require a lot of attention and training. Pete doesn't really have the time, and I don't really have the energy for that yet. Who knows though, I'm pretty fickle and may just change my mind tomorrow! (Who me?!)

Pete almost has his scooter all rebuilt. I'd say it's 98% done. he's been riding my pink scooter to work to save on gas. Good thing he's color blind. Haha!
He will be doing the Lambretta Twist when it's all done.

And, here's a cool video about a couple guys mopeding through South America. That would be so awesome. Maybe I can get a sidecar and we could do it as a family vacation! A girl can dream.

1 comments:

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Oh just wait...anymore, carrying a laundry basket from our bedroom to the laundry room is considered quite a feat! It's funny how the smallest things will wear you out completely. I'm glad that you aren't feeling sick though.