Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New Ultrasound Pictures

Pete and I went in yesterday for our 20 week ultrasound at the Nurse-Midwifery Clinic. They did all the normal stuff like measuring the baby and checking to make sure her heart is working right, and all that jazz. She is in the 56th percentile for size. Apparently, her head and brain are large for her body, but that doesn't surprise me in the least. My brain is large and in charge, and Pete's head is ginormous. He's been told more than once that he looks like a bobble head when riding his scooter!

Anyways, we got some good profile pictures of the baby while we were there. In some of them, I think she has my goofy chin, but in others not so much. She has a really pointy nose, which I think she got from the milk man because Pete and I have pretty round noses. The first picture is a 2-D profile, and the next three are the same 3-D image from three different angles.




We got confirmation that yes, she is indeed a girl. We had a really amazing angle of the crotch shot too, so I'm feeling pretty confident in going out and getting girlie pink stuff for her room. I am completely set on girls clothes for about the first 9 months. Holy cow, my friend Rachel gave me a TON of stuff. Here are pictures of her closet and dresser so far. I can't even fit all her clothes in. I need to clean the toys and blankets out of two of the drawers, I just haven't had a chance to do it yet. There's nowhere to put it anyways until I get a changing table with some shelves!


On a completely different note, I was telling Pete about this kids show that I'd seen a few times with the kids. It's called Yo Gabba Gabba, and the first couple times I watched it I wasn't sure if I completely hated it, or completely loved it. It has this goofy DJ guy who plays with these weird alien looking dolls who come to life and hang out dancing and learning life lessons. After I saw all the rad guests they have on the show and the sweet songs they sing, I decided I loved it. Elijah Wood, Leslie and the Ly's, Biz Markee, The Aquabats, Jimmy Eat World, The Shins, and the Aggrolites are a few of the guests they've had on recently (two of which I've seen in concert). After torturing Pete and making him watch clips on YouTube, he decided that he loved Moonie, one of the weird doll things. So, when I was at Target and saw they had a Moonie doll I brought it home for Pete. It's his favorite thing in the nursery so far! Here's what Moonie looks like for those of you who don't tune in to the Sprout channel all that often.

And, here's a couple Yo Gabba Gabba clips if you're bored.

0 comments: